By Michel Patry
AVATAQ is currently seeking a candidate for the following position: Accounting Clerk
Reporting to the Administration Department, the Accounting Clerk will perform the following tasks:
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems;
- Code, total, batch, enter in a ledger or a computer, and verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, checks, invoices, requests for checks and bank statements;
- Compile budget data and documents based on estimated revenues and expenses, and previous budgets;
- Prepare statements, reports or periodic returns;
- Calculate the costs of materials and other expenses based on estimates, quotations and price lists;
- Respond to inquiries from customers, maintain good relations with customers and solve problems;
- Perform other related clerical duties, such as word processing, filing and record keeping, faxing and photocopying.
- Vocational or collegial diploma in accounting;
- Good knowledge of computers, word processing, spreadsheet and Microsoft Dynamics software;
- Bilingualism is required. Knowledge of Inuktitut is an asset;
- Detail oriented and punctuality required.
- Working schedule: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (35 hours/week);
- Salary: Upon experience;
- Location: Westmount Office;
- Benefits after 3 months’ probation;
- Deadline to submit resumes: August 5, 2016.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. AVATAQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit applications to:
Michel Patry, Office Manager
4150, Ste-Catherine St. W. suite 360
Westmount, Québec, H3Z 2Y5
Fax: 514 989-8789