By Michel Patry
Avataq Cultural Institute is a non-profit organization, created in 1980, dedicated to protecting and promoting the Language and Culture of the Inuit of Nunavik (Northern Quebec). The organization has its head office in Inukjuak, Nunavik, and an administrative office in Westmount, Quebec.
AVATAQ is actively seeking a candidate for the following position:
Reporting principally to the Director of the Research, Archives and Documentation Department, the candidate will be responsible for the reproduction of documents from the historical photography collection as well as the proper use of computer equipment related to this purpose.
- Scan documents of the historical photography collection;
- Enter photographs in the database (FileMaker Pro) and complete full information about documents (names, year, copyright, etc.);
- Complete the information needed to put online selected photographic material (ready for the website);
- Print photographs for orders at the request of the Information Agent or the Archivist;
- Perform aesthetic retouching on photographs if needed;
- Be responsible for the proper functioning of equipment and its maintenance (ink level, other supplies);
- Scan other documents as requested;
- Follow the training sessions required as part of his/her work.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Bilingualism required (French/English spoken and written). Knowledge of Inuktitut is a definite asset;
- Essential: computer and software skills needed (File Maker, Photoshop, etc.) on Macintosh computers;
- Interest and skills in photography are a definite asset;
- Keen interest, curiosity and a good understanding of Inuit culture;
- Punctual, responsible and reliable;
- Methodical and thoroughness.
- Working schedule: 9am to 5pm, part-time (7 hours/week);
- Salary: $18.00/hr;
- Location of work: Westmount;
- Deadline to submit resumes: November 25, 2016
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. AVATAQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit applications to:
4150, Ste-Catherine W. suite 360
Westmount, Quebec, H3Z 2Y5
Fax: 514 989-8789