Avataq Cultural Institute is a non-profit organization, created in 1980, dedicated to protecting and promoting the Language and Culture of the Inuit of Nunavik. The organization has its head office in Inukjuak, Nunavik, and an administrative office in Westmount, Québec.
AVATAQ is currently seeking a candidate for the following position: Secretary/Receptionist
Reporting to the Executive Director and the Finance and Administration Director, the Secretary/Receptionist will perform the following tasks:
- Greet people arriving at the office;
- Direct visitors to appropriate person or service;
- Answer and forward telephone calls, take messages;
- Forward faxes and e-mail messages to appropriate person;
- Type and file correspondence, reports, statements and other material;
- Operate office equipment;
- Receive and ship office mail parcels and couriers;
- Occasionally write, translate and verify correspondences and paperwork;
- Perform clerical duties of a general nature according to established procedures.
- Secretarial diploma and/or pertinent experience;
- Knowledge of computers, word processing and spreadsheet;
- Knowledge of bookkeeping (an asset);
- Mastering of Inuktitut spoken and written. Fluency in English and French would be an asset;
- Good communicational skills and team player.
- Working schedule: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (35 hours/week);
- Salary: $18.00/hr;
- Location: Avataq office in Inukjuak;
- Deadline to submit resumes: December 13th, 2013
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. AVATAQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit applications to
Regional Cultural Committee Coordination
Fax: 819 254-8148